About meFreelance Game and Visualization Artist.
Fully qualified and proficient in the following Computer graphics applications: 3D Studio MAX 2011,
Maya 8, Photoshop CS4, After Effects, Zbrush4, Xnormal, Maxon Bodypaint 3D, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Crazy Bump, UDK, Unity, Illustrator, Flash, Premiere, DreamWeaver, Image Ready, Vray, Mental Ray, Painter IX.
Also proficient in: Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, and OneNote.
2002 – 2005 ACADEMY COLLEGE in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Earned an Associates Degree in Computer Graphics & Animation
July 2007 – January 2011 Atomic Games in Plymouth, Minnesota
Environment Artist – Full-Time
At Atomic Games I worked as an Environment Artist on Six Days in Fallujah(AAA title for the Xbox360), Breach(Xbox360 and PC), an FBI training simulation, and a paramilitary training simulation. Some of the things I worked on at Atomic include:
• Helped troubleshoot and prototype new modular model and texture set technology for Six Days in Fallujah.
• High poly mesh sculpting using Zbrush 4.
• Texture baking from high to low poly geometry using 3D Studio Max and Xnormal. Everything was modeled as high poly objects in Max. Additional detail was sculpted in Zbrush, then exported for texture baking in Xnormal. I used the baked normal and AO maps as a base for creating the diffuse, spec, and normal maps in Photoshop. Everything was kept on separate layers for easy editing and organization.
• Destructible building and prop creation using Atomic's proprietary destruction pipeline.
• Non-destructible building and prop creation.
• Channel packing and texture sheet creation to optimize texture budget.
• Created vehicles, props, and an interior for Breach. Everything was modeled as high poly objects in Max. Additional detail was sculpted in Zbrush, then exported for texture baking in Xnormal. I used the baked normal and AO maps as a base for creating the diffuse, spec, and normal maps in Photoshop. Everything was kept on separate layers for easy editing.
January 2007 – July 2007 Microsoft Game Studios/Turn 10 Studio in Redmond, Washington
Environment Artist – Contract (thru Aquent, Inc.)
• Assisted art team in completing Forza 2 Motorsport for the XBOX 360.
• Populated tracks with vegetation, crowds, prop meshes, guard rails, tire barriers, etc. Also, optimized geometry, UV mapped objects, light mapped/baked textures, resolved bugs, painted alpha masks/blends in Photoshop, optimized geometry, applied collision to objects, edited skyboxes, and QA tested.
October 2003 – June 2006 STUDIO Z IMAGERY in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lead 3D Visualization Artist – Freelance and Full-time
• Created 3D models in 3D Studio Max based on architectural drawings and photographs.
• Used low polygon techniques to speed render times allowing faster turnaround.
• Developed an efficient method of rendering large animations using Vray by compositing separate elements in post production using After Effects.
Projects worked on: Dubai Atlantis Resort, XBL Towers
Animation for RSP Architects, Sentosa Island Resort Animation for Met Hodder, Taxi 2000
Project for Microsoft, Medtronic Headquarters Walkthrough Animation, Carlson School
of Business Animation.
2002 – 2003 SOLSTAR GAMES, INC. (worked remotely from home)
3D Artist – Contract
• Created low poly creatures, characters, props, weapons, and interiors for the Realm Crafter game engine.
• Worked remotely from home and communicated via e-mail or IM for tasks, feedback, etc.
2001 – 2002 QUIK PAGES/INNUITY in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Web Designer – Full-time (company went out of business in 2002)
• Responsible for taking inbound customer phone calls and designing Web sites within a template driven application. Strong data entry combined with decision-making processes related to design and scheme for the appropriate business.
• Custom coding and Web page modifications in HTML and XHTML.
1997 – 2000 BEST BUY HEADQUARTERS in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lead Senior Data Entry Operator – Full-time
• Responsible for analyzing vendor invoices to verify the accuracy of sales order and pricing information. Ensured that computer entries were correct, and crosschecked information against company purchase orders to prepare for reconciliation in the accounts payable department.
• Led data entry group of six, providing work direction and evaluating employee’s performance. Acted as a resource in developing solutions to invoice discrepancies and problems. Generated productivity reports, and presented results to management on a weekly basis.
1996 – 1997 GAME WIZARDS in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Strategy Guide Writer for Video Games – Full-time (Company stopped making strategy guides in 1997)
• Assisted in the development of interactive strategy guides for the video game industry. Demonstrated project and time management skills.
• Successfully played through and wrote strategy guides for Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem, Diablo, Rama, Redneck Rampage, and Tomb Raider.
Areas of ExpertiseHigh and Low Poly Modeling
Prop, Vehicle, and Weapon Creation
Software Used3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Xnormal, Mental Ray, UDK, Unity
Address4412 Chowen Ave S
City / TownMinneapolis
Website<a href="http://www.thirddimensionstudio.com/jeffseverson/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.thirddimensionstudio.com/jeffseverson/</a>