About meI'm Juanjo Bernabeu, a 3D freelance Spanish artist based in Valencia specialized in CGI Retouching & Visual Effects for film and comercial and I'm interested in your job contract position "Artiste 3D" posted in VFX Recruit.
My objective is work on leading VFX projects as 3D Technical Director or VFX Freelance, in companies wich have great experience in Visual effects and produces very beautiful pictures, where my artistic and technical capabilities can continue growing up as much as possible.
ResumeIn 2003 Juanjo Bernabeu finished his Master in Film and TV Production, at the IDEP Center
in Barcelona. At the same time Juanjo collaborates with a team to make some
documentaries and reports which he earn a lot experience to go into the world of CGI and
In the period of 2004 to 2005 Juanjo Bernabeu makes some Masters as Advanced web
programming, Maya Expert, Mel Scripting, Mental Ray, Pixar’s Renderman and
postproduction with Adobe After Effects and Digital Fusion.
Ever since he was a fifteen years old, Juanjo Bernabeu has honed in arts of autodidactism all
the programs related to the field of CGI, Visual Effects and postproduction.
Since October 2005 he starts Freelance artist way making CGI projects and Architectural
visualizations to client as Dragados or Torres Loft.
Now Juanjo continues as a CGI freelance artist creating big and good media prints
campaigns and collaborating with European studios and agencies.
Areas of Expertise· Mid level English languaje.
· 5 years of Cg experience in Cg productions, the major part on print media production.
· Experience translating artistic direction for digital light setups while matching lighting to a live base plate
· Be able to properly assess appropriate balance of lighting and compositing for a given shot
· Detail oriented and a commitment to maintaining high-quality work throughout the production
· Maintain optimized and efficient render times while still achieving the expected quality
· Ensure the smooth flow of work through the digital lighting pipeline
· Windows or Mac OS experience, both in production actually
· Heavy machinery for self production with 1 Macpro 8 core and renderfarm with 3 x Dual Quad Core 4 gig nodes with render manager Frantic Films software.
Software Used· 9 years experience working with modeling, animation, FX and surfacing softwares as Maya (expert), 3D max (secondary).
· Thorough understanding of the Light/Shadow models available in Mental Ray, Maya and other render engines as Fryrender, Vray and Maxwell Render.
· Firm knowledge and application of lighting and shading networks in Mental Ray including complex shading networks and advanced lighting algorithms as Irradiance Particles and Importons.
· Strong experience in Dynamics, particles and Fluid Simulations in packages as Maya Nucleus, Realflow and Houdini particles (learning).
· Solid sense to create CGI realistic environments with Vue 6 & 7.
· Experience in sculpting sowftares as Zbrush 3 and Mudbox 2009.
· New adquired experience in Matchmoving and Tracking abilities with Maya Live, Boujou and Pftrack for film and commercial productions (months).
· New adquired experience with based compositing packages such as and Digital Fusion (months).
· Strong experience with Adobe Master Collection and sensivity with motion graphics.
Mobile phone+34 627 29 21 02
City / TownGandía
College / UniversityMaster in Film and TV Production at the IDEP Center in Barcelona